People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. -Zig Ziglar
After a tough workout I’m usually in a great mood. I come home with lots to share. My enthusiasm is oozing from my pores. Well that’s sweat but you know what I mean.
My motivation (if you will) for this post is the lack of support I feel I’m getting. Words of wisdom for significant others.
1. It’s not terribly hard to be interested in what your loved one has to say. Pay attention, engage and listen.
2. Nodding and grunting and not stopping what you’re already doing does not count.
3. Don’t regret all the times you brushed them off later. Remember, life is short.
4. What ever you’re doing is most likely not more important than what your partner has to say. At least not in the short term.
5. Respect your partners goals. Don’t encourage them to jump off the wagon. Maybe even join them.
These are all things I would appreciate on my quest for awesomeness. But don’t worry. I’m doing this for myself so really all I need is my own support and I’ve got plenty of that.